Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Carbon Fast for Lent: Day 22

Day 22 - Find one way to save paper today: re-use an old envelope or print double-sided.

I don't do a whole lot of printing, except for maps from Mapquest and the texts of my sermons. But as I think of it, there's not a lot that can't be printed on the backs of something else. I have tried to reuse printing paper with varying degrees of success throughout the years. When I was with Gartner Group, I ended up using a lot of paper, because the custom analysis software we used for our work couldn't actually display the results, but could only print them out. Our "14-age report" - we didn't have another name for it, it was always just the the "14-page report" or occasionally "the 14-pager" - was actually 17 pages. I found my self frequently printing the report sometimes two or three times a day. That used a lot of paper. I did try to reuse as much as I could, but the one problem was making sure I was looking at the correct side of the page!

How do you use paper? What are your habits regarding paper, and might you be able to improve them? Let us know in Comments.

O God, you know us to be set in the midst of so many and great dangers, that by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright: Grant us such strength and protection as may support us in all dangers, and carry us through all temptations; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

RFSJ

1 comment:

Troglodyteus said...

- CAREFULLY -
Refold your TP!