Thursday, September 27, 2007

Culture Low and....Low

On Sunday evening a good friend and I went to go see Spamalot on Broadway, the live version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was great! I laughed until my side hurt. My friend liked it too, and he had didn't know anything about Monty Python. There's a whole bit about Sir Lancelot actually being gay, which I don't remember from the movie at all, but funny nonetheless. And they did the bit about the Holy Hand Grenade perfectly! "Neither shall it be two, nor shall it be four, but only first stopping at three..."

Tonight, for the first time in probably five years, I watched ER on NBC. I used to be a big fan, but I thought it hard one too many jump-the-shark moments and stopped watching about the time West Wing came on, if I recall correctly. I was intrigued to see Stanley Tucci as the new director of the ER, and a few other names I recognized. But I found the drama a bit, well, ungripping. Maybe it's because I didn't know the characters, and it's moved to a pretty-character-intensive plot, but for whatever reason I wasn't terribly impressed. I don't think ER has aged that well after 14 seasons.

RFSJ

No comments: