Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Possible Trade

OK, so in RFSJuniors, I'm considering picking up Aaron Hill off of waivers and dropping Michael Cuddyer. My reasons:

  • Cuddyer is good this year, but not excellent.
  • Hill's production is almost as good as Cuddyer's.
  • Hill can play 2nd or SS, and Cuddyer is 1st/OF. I already have two excellent players at 1st and OF in Prince Fielder and Gary Sheffield, so I don't need another.
  • I could use backup at 2nd and SS: I have Miguel Cabrera (who is on my Can't Cut list*) and Miguel Tejeda. Nothing behind Teheda and Kazuo Matsui on the DL at second.
  • Cutting Cuddyer would leave Gary Sheffield, Grady Sizemore (also on the CC List) and new phenom Hunter Pence in OF, with Curtis Granderson as well. If Pence doesn't work out, I still have backup already. I've been thinking I have too much OF and not enough infield depth. It's been hard to do line-ups and decide who to bench each day. This might make it easier.
  • I'm picking Cuddyer to drop over Granderson because Curtis has more HRs than Michael at the moment.

* Each team has a certain number of marquis players that they cannot drop, to avoid situations near the end of the season when contenders try and get also-rans to hold a fire sale for all their best talent. It''s supposed to keep some parity in each league.

So we'll see about this. I have until the end of the day to make this trade or cancel it. I'm 10th in line on the waiver wire, which means there are 9 other teams that could, if they wished, claim Hill before I could. So this all may be moot anyway!

RFSJ

No comments: