Sunday, May 20, 2007

A View from St. Meinrad's

Here's a nice video of the Proclamation of the Gospel at a diaconal ordination Mass at St. Meinrad's Archabbey in southern Indiana. My colleague Fr. Greg Perez attended there, and I know the founders of the company that installed the Chapel Organ:



Pretty cool - I like the "Celtic alleluia" setting, although I did not recognize the Gospel tone chanted by the Deacon. It may be "Archabbey Usage," or pehraps it was ad-libbed. Maybe it's a contemporary tone of some kind?

RFSJ

3 comments:

DBW said...

I thought the "Celtic Alleluia" was cheerier...

RFSJ said...

Ranter -

I think there are several versions, but this is the one I'm familiar with. Maybe you know another one?

DBW said...

You can hear the piece that I have always thought was the "Celtic Alleluia" at this link... click on "Celtic Alleluia" in the C section. This was the celtic alleluia they did at our wedding. I've heard them do the one you reference in Roman Churches. I never knew that that, too, was referred to as the "Celtic Alleluia."

http://texasmidi.tripod.com/midi.htm