Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We're Number 2!




Well, at least for a day I get to bask in the glory being second in my league. My hitting is improving steadily and my pitching is more or less holding steady. I had a strong second place in Saves for a while but that has tightened up. Can't do anything about that until Joe Nathan gets his act together. Every win is important as well, which is why I've decided to drop Nate Robertson of Detroit for Matt Morris of San Francisco. Nate's ERA was just getting too high, and Matt's has been steadily improving. There's been a lot of churn in the pitching ranks in many of the other teams. Seems to me that starting pitching is too volatile a thing on any given day to make too much when a pitcher gets hit with a lot of runs in a given game. So I try to be a little more sanguine about individual game performance, although it always hurts to watch my pitchers get slammed.

I'm not at all concerned. Being #2 puts me in some good company:

Sandisk
Canadian Health Care
The Supersonics
Avis


RFSJ

No comments: