Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Football Update: Week 6

I think this is the first report I've given since the season started. I'm running one Fantasy NFL Football team this season, and it's been very instructive. RFSJuniors (original, huh?) is currently fifth in our league, with a 3-2 record. The way it works it that, like in fantasy baseball, each owner assembles a roster made up of real actual players. You get a quarterback, 3 wide receivers, 2 running backs, a tight end, a kicker, and a defensive squad for each game. And each player you own accumulates performance based on what he does on the field. This is converted to "fantasy points" so that players can be compared within categories, and performance can be easily added up.

So each week, Juniors "plays" another team in the league. The performance of my team is compared with the performance of my opponent, drawn from the real NFL games played that week. The fantasy team with the most points at the end of the week (which always begins on Tuesday morning and so includes the Monday Night Football game) wins that week. So this past week my players accumulated a total of 77 points to my opponent's 48, so I won. We're now preparing for Week 6, and we go through Week 16.

Well, it does pass the time.....

RFSJ


PS - Go Bucks! Beat Kent! (Poor Kent - last meeting in '02 the final was 51-17)

No comments: