Monday, October 15, 2007

Ohio State Is Number 1!

Wow. Last week's No. 1 and No. 2 teams both lost. That hasn't happened in a while, so the sports reporters tell us. But it does make last week's No. 3 now suddenly the No. 1 team in the country! Go Bucks!

It turns out that I didn't do so hot last week - exactly 10 games of 20 predicted correctly. For the season I am 78 of 154. That's basically 50% - what you'd expect if I were randomly selecting the teams. However, since this arrangement is based on point spread and not strictly random, it turns out that in the world-wide rankings I actually gained - I am now 7,032nd in the world, a gain of 2,090 places. Amazing that being right half the time is so rare, actually. And in the Fans of Ohio State and in the Fans from New Jersey subgroups I gained as well. Huh.

I will post next week's picks closer to the weekend. You can be sure I will watch the OSU game on TV if I possibly can!

RFSJ

No comments: