Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Ministry Opportunity Needed

As some of you might know, much of my work at Trinity Parish and The Windmill Alliance (WA) is as Executive Director of the WA. We do a lot of really excellent work, and I am so proud of the staff we have. Unfortunately, the State of New Jersey has not honored its own regulations in what they are supposed to pay us for the work we do with our developmentally disabled clients. WA is a provider agency for the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and there are, on paper at least, some rather clear rules about payment for services rendered and all that. To make a long story short, we have been working with the State to remedy a funding shortfall that has been going on for some time. It does not look likely that it will be remedied, and we need to balance the 2008 budget. As Executive Director, I recommended that one of the things we should do is cut administrative overhead, and that it should be me. The Rector and President reluctantly agreed.

So I'm deep in the throes of looking for a new ministry opportunity. Fr. Jerry has graciously said I can stay as long as I need to, but I am well aware of the bottom line we need to solve. I'd appreciate your prayers and more importantly, your leads! Please click on The Proper of the Day Archive (also in the sidebar) for my current resume and Church Deployment Office profile. I love the Northeast but I am willing to consider any location.

RFSJ

No comments: