Monday, February 11, 2008

A Carbon Fast For Lent: Day 5 and 6

I forgot to post yesterday's entry, so here it is, along with today's:

Sunday - Day 5: Find the most environmentally friendly way you can to get to church today
(e.g. walk, bike, car share).

I could have walked yesterday, since church is within walking distance. but I drove because I was running late. Not good.

Monday - Day 6: Turn your central heating thermostat down by one degree. If you have separate thermostats on radiators, adjust them to suit the use of the room.

My thermostat is one of those programmable ones, and during the day it's set for 60 F. It's usually at 72 F when I'm home, and so I'll turn to to 70 for the remainder of Lent.

What are other people doing? Hopefully, better than me in any case!

Updated: I thought the Collect for the Monday of the First Week of Lent was particularly apt:

Almighty and everlasting God, mercifully increase in us your gifts of holy discipline, in almsgiving, prayer, and fasting; that our lives may be directed to the fulfilling of your most
gracious will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

RFSJ

No comments: