Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Carbon Fast For Lent: Day 7

Well, life is never easy. I and others have discovered there are two, possibly three, slightly different daily activity lists for a Carbon Fast for Lent. All three are on the Facebook page I created (you might have to be a Facebook member to see it), but it's nice to know that there are more than enought ideas floating around!

Day 7 (Tuesday): Check that all electrical equipment is switched off rather than on standby when not in use. Screen savers do not save electricity.

Hmmm. I leave my cable box on all the time, which is where the wi-fi point is plugged in. Perhaps I should be turning if off each morning. I'll try it. As I sit here thinking about it, my only snark is that it takes time to reboot each time I turn it on. On the other hand, so what? am I ever doing anything that requires instant internet or cable access, Right Now?

Grant to your people, Lord, grace to withstand the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil, and with pure hearts and minds to follow you, the only true God; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

RFSJ

No comments: