Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baseball Update

You know, kind of like Weekend Update on SNL, but at least sometimes, perhaps, less funny.

Today is Day 11 at #2 of 12 for the RFSJuniors. My own C.W. Wang (NYY, 5-4, 3.73 ERA) starts tonight against Brandon Webb (6-3, 3.13 ERA) of the Diamondbacks, and I'm going to the game this evening! No one volunteered to go with me, so I found someone myself.

Over with RFSJ II, I traded Mark Teixeira (Tex, 1B) for David Wright (NYM, 3B). I'm kinda surprised the trade went through - I didn't accept the trade until Mark went on the DL, so I assumed the owner who proposed the trade might have cancelled it. But he or she didn't, so I picked up dreamy Xavier Nady (Pitt, 1B) to fill in for Mark. But as I discovered, early performance is pretty important, and once Mark went on the DL, I wanted someone to replace him right away if possible. So the trade, for me, came at the perfect time.

I also started a free team RFSJ III. I will post the roster and league link once I draft. I just wanna see how a free league is different from a paid one. I've heard that in the free leagues there's a lot of abandoned teams. I wonder what that's like.

I also discovered quite by accident that RFSJuniors is currently ranked #161 in the entire Yahoo Baseball Plus universe of teams. (The leaderboard only shows the top fifty teams, and if you're not logged in as me you might not be able to see my ranking.) I know there are thousands of teams being played right now, so that is very gratifying. That ranking is updated weekly, so I'll keep watch on that as well.

I just continue to be amazed at how well things are going this season so far. Since the DL God is oh-so-capricious, I'm going to continue to celebrate any success that comes my way until I can't anymore. Then you'll all have to put up with me moping around and stuff!

RFSJ

No comments: