Saturday, June 2, 2007

Ember Saturday


Today we traditionally remember all Christians in their vocations as proclaimers of Christ's reconciliation to the world:

Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole
body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified:
Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before
you for all members of your holy Church, that in their
vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you;
through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

It's also a traditional day for ordinations, and in the Diocese of Newark, we gathered at the Cathedral of Trinity and St. Phillip (left) to ordain four new deacons today. It was a fine, if hot, service, but it was special for me because I got to wear the stole that my own home parish gave me at my diaconal ordination at this diaconal ordination. I've never worn it before, and it just so happens this was the first opportunity. It was a rather poignant experience.

My prayers for all new deacons in this season of ordinations!

RFSJ

No comments: